Sharwanand’s period gangster drama, Ranarangam, and Adivi Sesh’s investigative thriller, Evaru, released on August 15. Both the movies had decent openings across the twin Telugu states.
In the US, Evaru collected $61,499 from the Wednesday premieres. This is the best ever opener in Sesh’s career. The film went on to collect a decent gross of $43,320 on Thursday and $17K until 12 PM PST. The film’s latest US gross is $121,822. Thanks to the positive word of mouth all-over, Evaru is expected to have a solid weekend.
On the other hand, Ranarangam has had a dismal start at the US box-office. The film didn’t have any premiere shows and it impacted the collections big-time. On Thursday, Ranarangam grossed $24,014. The film collected a shockingly low gross of just about $3,878 from 40 locations until 12 PM PST. The film’s latest updated gross is $27,892.
Articles that might interest you:
- NCB to investigate Rakul’s financial transactions
- Ram Charan’s special preparation for Acharya
- Nabha Natesh shoots for two movies in pandemic
- Gauri Khan reveals what Shahrukh Khan was up to during lockdown
- Mosagallu’s theme track winning appreciation
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu to face the camera in a web-series