It’s been an contrasting weekend for the makers and buyers of the Independence Day releases, Evaru and Ranarangam. While the Adivi Sesh and Regina-starrer investigative thriller opened to unanimous positive response, Sharwanand, Kajal and Kalyani’s gangster drama, Ranarangam, released to a mixed word of mouth from all quarters.
On Sunday, in Nizam, Evaru collected a cool Rs 60 lakh share, taking its 4-day long first weekend Nizam collections to Rs 2.30 crore. On the other hand, Ranarangam dropped further and could collect only Rs 25 lakh share on its first Sunday. The film’s four-day Nizam share is Rs 1.94 crores.
The real test for both Evaru and Ranarangam will begin today, with the weekdays kicking in. Stay tuned for more box-office updates.
Articles that might interest you:
- Chiranjeevi back to Acharya sets- Starts off with a fight
- Bigg Boss 4 – Backlash from housemates about partiality in the show
- Rajinikanth to finally announce his political party on this date
- Poll : Whose lineup of upcoming films are you impressed with?
- Ravi Teja off to this picturesque location for Krack’s final schedule
- Salaar: Prabhas to be at his meanest best