It’s been an contrasting weekend for the makers and buyers of the Independence Day releases, Evaru and Ranarangam. While the Adivi Sesh and Regina-starrer investigative thriller opened to unanimous positive response, Sharwanand, Kajal and Kalyani’s gangster drama, Ranarangam, released to a mixed word of mouth from all quarters.
On Sunday, in Nizam, Evaru collected a cool Rs 60 lakh share, taking its 4-day long first weekend Nizam collections to Rs 2.30 crore. On the other hand, Ranarangam dropped further and could collect only Rs 25 lakh share on its first Sunday. The film’s four-day Nizam share is Rs 1.94 crores.
The real test for both Evaru and Ranarangam will begin today, with the weekdays kicking in. Stay tuned for more box-office updates.
Articles that might interest you:
- RC 15: Shankar to shoot an action sequence with 1000 fighters
- Samantha to romance Ayushman Khurana?
- Pavitra Lokesh starts facing hard times
- Bollywood Box Office Update – Disappointment continues
- Suriya’s Soorarai Pottru achieves another rare feat
- Kaduva on track for 7th July release