While heaping praises on two of the Tollywood’s acclaimed magnum opuses, Baahubali and Gautamiputra Satakarni, veteran character artiste Kota Srinivasa Rao had made a few harsh comments on present day Telugu movies.
Kota, who never minces words in media interviews, said in a latest memoir, that except Baahubali and Gautamiputra Satakarni almost all the movies being made in Tollywood these days have the same stories.
The veteran genius went on to say that today’s movies may appear glossy due to high budgets and foreign backdrops, but they lack strong stories. Kota concluded saying that even the old classics might have had the same stories, but they had a distinct speciality in each of them.
Articles that might interest you:
- Details of Pawan Kalyan’s voice over in Sye Raa
- Last minute surprise: Valmiki’s title changed a few hours before release
- Gang Leader’s six-day AP/TG collections
- Viral- Star hero forgets way to his own house
- Valmiki- An ultimate test for Harish Shankar
- Sye Raa trailer clocks 34 million views in one day