While heaping praises on two of the Tollywood’s acclaimed magnum opuses, Baahubali and Gautamiputra Satakarni, veteran character artiste Kota Srinivasa Rao had made a few harsh comments on present day Telugu movies.
Kota, who never minces words in media interviews, said in a latest memoir, that except Baahubali and Gautamiputra Satakarni almost all the movies being made in Tollywood these days have the same stories.
The veteran genius went on to say that today’s movies may appear glossy due to high budgets and foreign backdrops, but they lack strong stories. Kota concluded saying that even the old classics might have had the same stories, but they had a distinct speciality in each of them.
- Ram Charan, Kiara groove for a mass number in VVR
- Bollywood actress wraps up Shakeela biopic
- RX100 hero Kartikeya to romance two heroines in Hippi
- Rejected 50 scripts before signing Kavacham: Bellamkonda Sai
- Tanish’s film on Bezawada rowdy lands in a controversy