While heaping praises on two of the Tollywood’s acclaimed magnum opuses, Baahubali and Gautamiputra Satakarni, veteran character artiste Kota Srinivasa Rao had made a few harsh comments on present day Telugu movies.
Kota, who never minces words in media interviews, said in a latest memoir, that except Baahubali and Gautamiputra Satakarni almost all the movies being made in Tollywood these days have the same stories.
The veteran genius went on to say that today’s movies may appear glossy due to high budgets and foreign backdrops, but they lack strong stories. Kota concluded saying that even the old classics might have had the same stories, but they had a distinct speciality in each of them.
Articles that might interest you:
- Bollywood star opens up on his films being remade in south
- 10 million for Samantha on Insta-Celebrates in a special way
- This Bollywood film to go on floors post Lockdown
- A R Rahman’s name pops up once again for star hero film?
- Lockdown Review : Revenge – English Film on Netflix
- Mahesh Babu supports Prakash Raj’s cause