The Mumbai Police is all set to question leading Bollywood heroines Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra and eight other top Bollywood stars in connection with a fake and paid social media followers scam. The cops will also interrogate top sport stars and builders. Some of these stars have nearly 8-10 crore followers on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
The Mumbai Joint Commissioner of Police Vinay Kumar Chaubey had said in a statement that they have investigated and found as many as 54 firms involved in the fake followers racket. An SIT comprising Crime Branch along with Cyber Cell has been formed to help in the investigation.
The Criminal Intelligence Unit (CIU) of Mumbai Police recently arrested a man named Abhishek Dinesh Daude in connection with creating fake profiles for these celebrities. Mumbai Police found as many as 176 high-profile celebrities, including Bollywood celebrities and sportspersons, allegedly paid money to gain followers on social media.
Articles that might interest you:
- Crazy OTT offer for Sharwanand’s next?
- Is her character going to be the backbone for Nishabdham?
- Bhaagamathie director’s next to have a direct OTT release
- Noted channel bags Nidhhi Agerwal’s film
- Tollywood stars planning big-What about Ram Charan?
- Yet another actor from Ananya and Chunkey Pandey’s family to make his debut