From the terrific combinations to the thunderous response to the film’s trailer, Tamil superstar Vijay’s Mersal, Adirindhi in Telugu, has everything going for it. Mersal is hitting the screens on October 18 as a Diwali treat.
However, the Tamil Film Producer’s Council’s (TFPC) decision to not release any new films is making Vijay’s fans and trade circles anxious. The logjam is due to the TN government’s newly imposed 10% local taxation in addition to the GST, which also resulted in a ticket hike.
Meanwhile, Mersal’s advance bookings have begun around the world and the film cannot afford a postponement at this juncture as several hundreds of crores are riding on it. The film’s producer Murali Ramasamy is hopeful that an amicable solution will arrive ahead of the film’s release.
- Impressive-F2 crosses the 20 crore mark in AP/TG
- Will Mr. Mjanu give the needed push to Nidhi’s career
- Trisha becomes a hot cake in Tamil
- Mahesh-Sukumar film genre locked
- Sankranthi releases’ latest Krishna collections