On the eve of Tamil star Vijay’s birthday a couple of days ago, the makers of the actor’s ongoing political drama, Sarkar, unveiled the film’s first look posters. In one of the posters, Vijay was seen smoking a cigarette. While fans were elated seeing a uber cool look of their favorite star, former Union Health Minister Dr Anbumani Ramadoss had serious issue with it, which in turn led to a controversy.
Ramadoss took to Twitter and posted Vijay’s smoking picture and said, “Shame on Actor Vijay for promoting Smoking in the first look of his next movie. #ActResponsibly and #DoNotPromoteSmoking as well.” The former MP went on to post another clipping of Vijay’s old interview in which he said that he will never promote smoking in his movies.
However, Vijay’s fans took offense and they all ganged up against the political leader, criticizing him of seeking publicity using Vijay’s name. They defended their hero, saying that one must also see the good message he promotes through movies instead of creating unnecessary controversies.
- Pawan Kalyan felicitates his school teachers
- Award-winning filmmaker announces a film on Kerala floods
- Bollywood star thrilled to share screen space with Nagarjuna
- Varma’s teaser hints at a faithful remake of Arjun Reddy
- Poll : What did you think of Varma’s teaser? ((Arjun Reddy remake)