Legendary singer SP Balasubrahmanyam’s lady rites will be performed at his farmhouse in Thamaraipakkiam in Thiruvallur district at 10:30 am this morning. Balu will be laid to rest with full state honours.
Meanwhile, Thiruvallur District Collector said that fans will not be allowed to attend Balu’s funeral and appealed to them to co-operate due to the restrictions amid the Coronavirus pandemic. Barricades have been erected 2 kilometres from the farmhouse to prevent the crowds from entering the farmhouse premises.
Balu’s mortal remains have been taken to his farmhouse from his Chennai residence last night. Several film industry well-wishers and political leaders are expected to pay their last respects to the departed legend.
Articles that might interest you:
- DDLJ to re-release in 18 countries
- Shankar’s ultimatum to Indian 2’s makers?
- Young actress to sport a slender figure for a film
- Suriya’s Aakaasam Nee Haddhu Raa’s OTT release postponed
- Balakrishna reveals interesting details about Narthanasala
- Extra care on Nani’s Tuck Jagadish’s sets