Thousands of ardent fans of legendary auteur Mani Ratnam got a huge shock when reports of Mani Ratnam being admitted to a Delhi hospital following a heart stroke surfaced on national media this morning. Squashing these reports as mere rumours, Mala Manian, the Executive Producer at Madras Talkies, told the media that Mani Ratnam went for a regular health checkup in Delhi.
Mani Ratnam and Suhasini have been taking a break in Delhi following the memorable success of the director’s latest release, ‘OK Bangaram’. Mani thought that a visit to a Chennai hospital will attain unnecessary media attention and chose to get a normal checkup done in Delhi.
Earlier, Mani Ratnam suffered three strokes during the making of Yuva, Raavan and while attending the International Film Festival of Goa as a jury member.
- Nawab’s racy, intense second trailer sets expectations soaring
- Stage set for NOTA’s release
- Anupama Parameswaran’s interesting role in her next
- NTR biopic finds its Savitri
- Megastar Chiranjeevi completes 4 decades in Telugu Cinema