Thousands of ardent fans of legendary auteur Mani Ratnam got a huge shock when reports of Mani Ratnam being admitted to a Delhi hospital following a heart stroke surfaced on national media this morning. Squashing these reports as mere rumours, Mala Manian, the Executive Producer at Madras Talkies, told the media that Mani Ratnam went for a regular health checkup in Delhi.
Mani Ratnam and Suhasini have been taking a break in Delhi following the memorable success of the director’s latest release, ‘OK Bangaram’. Mani thought that a visit to a Chennai hospital will attain unnecessary media attention and chose to get a normal checkup done in Delhi.
Earlier, Mani Ratnam suffered three strokes during the making of Yuva, Raavan and while attending the International Film Festival of Goa as a jury member.
Articles that might interest you:
- Two leading ladies for Ram Pothineni
- Aadi Saikumar opens up commercial films
- Happening young heroine keeps Chay, Dil Raju waiting
- Has Rajasekhar walked out of this project?
- Poll : Who do you think is the best choice for lady-oriented films?
- Top stunt co-ordinator gives a key update on Kamal’s role in Indian 2