Diehard fans of legendary actor Kamal Haasan will be promoting the Universal Star’s upcoming film, Papanasam, in a unique way. On 3rd July, the film’s release day, Kamal’s fans will be celebrating it as a Dhoti Day or Veshti Day and they will all be wearing lungis to the theaters. The reason behind this interesting strategy is that Kamal plays a middleclass man in the film and he will be seen wearing Dhotis most of the time.
Papanasam is a faithful remake of the malayalam smash hit, Drishyam. The film was successfully remade in Telugu as Drushyam, featuring Venkatesh and Meena. Papanasam is also special for Kamal’s fans as it brings back the yesteryear’s successful onscreen pair, Kamal and Gauthami, together after two decades.
Kamal and Gauthami earlier teamed up for blockbuster hits like Kshatriya Putrudu, Vichitra Sodarulu and the Oscar entrant, Drohi, in 1995.
- Amar Akbar Anthony off to a slow start in the US
- Press Note : Godavari Launches their New Brand “Paneer” – The Mall Concept Food Court
- Deepika, Ranveer’s new home costs Rs 50 crores!
- Tamannaah, Sundeep’s bold chemistry in Next Enti’s trailer strikes an impact
- Vijay Deverakonda’s cheeky reply to Prabhas