Tamil superstar Vijay has been the centre of controversies following the release of his latest blockbuster, Mersal. Vijay was targeted by a few BJP leaders for criticizing GST and Modi’s Digital India campaign in the movie.
Senior Tamil BJP leader H Raja went on to tweet Vijay’s Voter ID to reveal Vijay’s name as Joseph Vijay. Fed up with all the negativity around, Vijay’s father, veteran filmmaker SA Chandrasekhar, said in a latest media interview that Vijay must enter active politics and serve people.
However, SA Chandrasekhar said he will not force his son to jump into politics and that Vijay will take decision when the time is right. “People are deriving unnecessary controversies over my son’s name. Vijay is neither a Hindu, Christian or a Muslim, he is a human being and above all an Indian,” the star father said.
- Star hero’s son donates debut film’s remuneration for Kerala flood relief
- Star director urges people to enroll to vote
- Kiara Advani joins RC12 team in Azerbaijan
- Natakam completes censor, All set for a grand release
- Devadas completes censor formalities