Tamil superstar Vijay has been the centre of controversies following the release of his latest blockbuster, Mersal. Vijay was targeted by a few BJP leaders for criticizing GST and Modi’s Digital India campaign in the movie.
Senior Tamil BJP leader H Raja went on to tweet Vijay’s Voter ID to reveal Vijay’s name as Joseph Vijay. Fed up with all the negativity around, Vijay’s father, veteran filmmaker SA Chandrasekhar, said in a latest media interview that Vijay must enter active politics and serve people.
However, SA Chandrasekhar said he will not force his son to jump into politics and that Vijay will take decision when the time is right. “People are deriving unnecessary controversies over my son’s name. Vijay is neither a Hindu, Christian or a Muslim, he is a human being and above all an Indian,” the star father said.
Articles that might interest you:
- After screenplay and presentation, Anil Ravipudi’s new avatar for Gaali Sampath
- Backstory behind Vijay’s new film
- Noted Tamil actor to venture into Telugu market?
- Vidya Balan’s stalled film to resume soon
- Sudeep’s Vikrant Rona to make a splash on Burj Khalifa
- Shahrukh Khan- John Abraham’s massive showdown in Dubai