This February is going to be an unusually hectic month for Telugu film industry. As many as four big films are expected to release throughout February apart from few other dubbed and low budget films. First among the lot is Ongole Githa which is going to release on February 1 and Prabhas, Anushka and Richa starrer Mirchi is releasing on February 7. Siddharth, Samantha and Nithya Menen starrer Jabardasth is also expected to release in February, apart from Gundello Godaari which has Lakshmi Manchu, Taapsee, Aadhi and Sundeep Kishan playing lead roles. Apart from all these films, there’s Mani Ratnam’s Kadali, Vikram starrer David, Prabhu Deva’s ABCD, Allu Sirish starrer Gauravam, D for Dopidi, Mr Pellikoduku, Bangaru Kodi Petta and Swamy Ra Ra.
Considering the fact that in the past three years, not more than 1 or 2 films which released in February went on to become big hits at box office, it looks like that the producers of all these films are taking a big risk. There’s also a chance of some of these films being pushed to March since it’s hard to get good number of screens for each of the films if they all have to grab the attention of the audience. However, it’s going to be a boon for the audience who’ll be left spoilt with choice with so many films releasing in the same month.
Articles that might interest you:
- Sandeep Reddy Vanga becomes a proud father yet again
- Star heroine’s political thriller postponed at last minute
- Issues between Vijay Devarakonda and Kranthi Madhav killed WFL
- Yesteryear heroine joins Varun Tej’s boxing drama
- Sushanth signs a new endorsement deal
- Poll : In which genre should Prabhas-Nag Ashwin film be made in?