The rain bearing monsoon winds have entered the state, leading to heavy rainfall in many areas of Andhra Pradesh. Hyderabad in particular, has been witnessing heavy rainfall for the past couple of days. The heavy rains and the resulting disruptions in transportation and power sectors are worrying the film industry.
“Collections generally dip when we have heavy rains. Family crowds and casual entertainment seekers tend to stay away in such situations. Power outages will also add to the troubles”, said a distributor from Krishna district.
The summer has been a rather dull one for TFI. With just two big releases in the form of ‘Baadshah’ and ‘Iddarammayilatho’, the industry missed out on a good holiday season. Distributors and exhibitors are gearing up for a very busy June. So let us hope that revenues do not get affected by the heavy rains.
Articles that might interest you:
- Keerthy Suresh effortlessly donning the female-oriented roles
- Senior hero’s younger son makes debuts in movies
- Ram Charan takes up Ayyappa Deeksha
- Tamil Diwali for Telugu audiences
- Prabhas’s next film poster release
- Whistle’s power-packed trailer raises expectations