After her choreographer son abandoned her at a government hospital in Mumbai, senior Bollywood actress Geeta Kapoor of Pakeezah fame has recently found shelter at an old-age home. Geeta’s miserable situation has now inspired several senior Bollywood stars to come up with a noble gesture.
Recently, The Indian Film And Television Directors’ Association (IFTDA) requested the Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis for a plot of land to build an old-age home for needy and aged technicians and artistes. The old-age home will be run on the contributions made by filmmakers.
Noted Bollywood filmmakers like Madhur Bhandarkar, Rohit Shetty, David Dhawan, Mahesh and Mukesh Bhatt, actor Anupam Kher, music composers Salim-Suleiman and set designer Nitin Desai are part of this noble initiative.
Articles that might interest you:
- V’s racy and intriguing teaser raises expectations
- Ram Charan acquires the remake rights of this Malayalam blockbuster?
- GA2UV Pictures to present Dhanush’s 40th film
- World Famous Lover’s US collections report
- Trivikram to do a quickie before NTR’s film?
- I am acting in movies again to pay my children’s school fees: Pawan Kalyan