Despite the pandemic scare in the city, the shooting for Nani’s ambitious period drama, Shyam Singha Roy, is progressing at a brisk pace in a specially erected set on the outskirts of Hyderabad. A grand vintage Kolkata set spread over 10 acres has been designed by the film’s art director Avinash Kolla for the ongoing schedule.
Apparently, Shyam Singha Roy’s team is currently shooting the scenes featuring a crucial flashback that dates back to 100 years. This episode, being shot in the Kali Mata temple backdrop, will be the main highlight of SSR. Also, the interval fight will be yet another highlight of the movie.
Nani plays a Bengali Babu in this Rahul Sankrityan directorial. Sai Pallavi, Madonna Sebastian and Krithi Shetty are the female leads and Venkat Boyanapalli is bankrolling the project with a whopping Rs 50 crore budget. The film is slated for release during the Christmas season.
Articles that might interest you:
- Bigg Boss 6 – Things get boring again
- Akhil’s warm wishes to his director
- Satyadev wants to act in this classic remake
- RGV makes interesting comments about Ram Charan
- Two Kannada films in top five most googled movies in 2022
- Crazy film continues its rage on Netflix