Canadian entertainment technology innovator, IMAX, is aiming to spread its wings across the North and also expand its market in Hyderabad and Bengaluru. And the inspiration for this latest business development plan is the mammoth success of Baahubali at several IMAX and large screens across the world.
IMAX Corporation’s Senior Vice President of Theatre Development, John Schreiner, told an Indianmedia agency that Baahubali’s success in IMAX will translate into a positive effect for its India footprint just as James Cameron’s “Avatar” worked globally in 2009.
Schreiner said, “Back in late 2009, IMAX had about 400 theatres around the world and then the movie ‘Avatar’ came,” further adding that it would be fantastic if “Baahubali 2” could be their next “Avatar”. So far, IMAX has only 18 theatres in India.
Articles that might interest you:
- Top Bollywood filmmaker heaps praises on Dhanush and Atlee
- Poll : Which of these stars should attempt a web series?
- Crazy Update on Mahesh-Parasuram film?
- Guess : Who is this star sister?
- Lockdown Review : Betaal – Hindi web series on Netflix
- Dawid Warner’s crazy dance for Mind Block goes viral