Passionate director Krish’s next film, Manikarnika, was launched in style in Varanasi a couple of days ago. This film is a historical biopic based on the life of the Queen of Jhansi, Laxmibai.
Speaking to Bollywood media about the movie, Krish said that he was destined to direct Manikarnika. Krish revealed that his last two movies were period historicals and that while Kanche had a lot of gun battles, Gautamiputra Satakarni was about fighting with swords.
Manikarnika showcases Laxmibai’s war against the British in 1857 and it will see the use of both swords and guns. The director said that he had spent a good 3 years preparing for Manikarnika and that it will reflect in the film. “I have a huge vision for this film – it should be grandiose and entertaining,” said Krish.
Articles that might interest you:
- Young actress in talks for F3’s special dance number
- Kamal Haasan to step into Vijay’s shoes?
- Alia Bhatt begins prep for Shah Rukh Khan’s film
- Vijay Sethupathi’s key role in the most awaited Amazon series?
- Rakul Preet has an unfulfilled wish in Bollywood
- Radhe Shyam’s Hindi producers differ with UV Creations on this aspect?