Ever since actress Samantha had made her acting debut with Ye Maya Chesave, playback singer Chinmayi has been dubbing for Samantha. But for the first time, Sam is dubbing in her own voice for Mahanati, a biopic on legendary yesteryear heroine Savitri.
Apparently, Mahanati’s director Nag Ashwin had requested Samantha to dub for her role and the actress, who’ll be seen as a journalist in the film, readily obliged his request. Even Malayalam star Dulquer, who’s playing Gemini Ganesan’s role, is dubbing in his own voice.
Mahanati’s post-production work is underway at the moment. The film has Keerthy Suresh essaying the titular role. The film is bankrolled by Priyanka Dutt under Vyjayanthi Movies Banner. The film is hitting the screens on May 9.
Articles that might interest you:
- Bheeshma’s exceptional run in the overseas continues
- Mahesh heads to Mumbai to shoot with this superstar
- Taapsee’s Thappad stuns critics!
- Poll : Which director should Mahesh work with next?
- Rajinikanth’s next gets a title
- Nani27’s new title and release date announced