Gone are the days when star heroes used to play it safe by churning out commercial potboilers and larger than life characters. Things have changed altogether and our stars are willing to experiment with variety characters and scripts.
This year, as many as four films will have their lead heroes seen as visually challenged. The first movie slated to hit the screens is Bollywood star Hrithik Roshan’s Kaabil, releasing in Telugu as Balam. Secondly, Malayalam superstar Mohanlal’s recent blockbuster, Oppam, is awaiting its release in Telugu as Kanupapa.
Meanwhile, two of our own Telugu stars, Ravi Teja and Raj Tarun, too, will be seen as visually challenged protagonists in their upcoming movies. While Raj Tarun’s Andhagadu is fast nearing its completion, Ravi Teja’s next in Anil Ravipudi’s direction is said to be having an exciting story in which he too will be seen as a visually challenged person.
Articles that might interest you:
- Review : Kousalya Krishnamurthy – Message oriented sports drama
- Review : Nene Kedi No 1 – Horrible Mass Drama
- Review : Boy – Execution failure
- Review : Edaina Jaragochhu – Partially gripping
- Review : Hawaa – Botched Up Crime Drama
- Not a ‘Bad Boy’; Prabhas clears speculations