Gone are the days when star heroes used to play it safe by churning out commercial potboilers and larger than life characters. Things have changed altogether and our stars are willing to experiment with variety characters and scripts.
This year, as many as four films will have their lead heroes seen as visually challenged. The first movie slated to hit the screens is Bollywood star Hrithik Roshan’s Kaabil, releasing in Telugu as Balam. Secondly, Malayalam superstar Mohanlal’s recent blockbuster, Oppam, is awaiting its release in Telugu as Kanupapa.
Meanwhile, two of our own Telugu stars, Ravi Teja and Raj Tarun, too, will be seen as visually challenged protagonists in their upcoming movies. While Raj Tarun’s Andhagadu is fast nearing its completion, Ravi Teja’s next in Anil Ravipudi’s direction is said to be having an exciting story in which he too will be seen as a visually challenged person.
Articles that might interest you:
- Exciting buzz on Allu Arjun’s dual avatars in Sukumar’s film
- Bheeshma’s solid run in the US; All set for half-a-million-dollar feat
- Donald Trump tweets Baahubali meme
- Poll : Which of these characters created by Sukumar is your favorite?
- Samantha to make her debut as a reality show host?
- Maruthi penning a script for this young star?