Several months ago, Gautham Menon surprised a lot of people by announcing that he’s making a multi-starrer with a leading hero from each of the four South Indian film industries. However, the film was put on backburner and the director moved on to make couple of other films in the meantime.
In a recent interview, Gautham Menon once again opened up about the long-delayed film and said, “It’s going to be a sequel to Vinnaithaadi Varuvaaya. The story begins eight years after the incidents in the first film, and this one is about Karthik and his four other friends who live in different parts of the country. Each actor will have lines in his own language. The film is about what happens when they decide to go on a road trip. It’s not like Hangover though.”
Interestingly, Madhavan is expected to play the role of Karthik and Gautham Menon confirmed that Simbu won’t be part of the sequel. “We are yet to finalise the actor from Telugu, but it will star Puneeth Rajkumar and Tovino Thomas,” he said.
- Bollywood heroine to play Jayalalithaa in Thalaivi
- Tamannaah signs back-to-back horror films in Telugu and Tamil
- We want a citizen’s voice in the Parliament: Prakash Raj
- Nithiin’s latest tweet raises eyebrows
- Prema Katha Chitram 2 slated for Ugadi release
- Chikati Gadilo Chithakottudu & Puli Joodham day 1 Krishna collections