Several months ago, Gautham Menon surprised a lot of people by announcing that he’s making a multi-starrer with a leading hero from each of the four South Indian film industries. However, the film was put on backburner and the director moved on to make couple of other films in the meantime.
In a recent interview, Gautham Menon once again opened up about the long-delayed film and said, “It’s going to be a sequel to Vinnaithaadi Varuvaaya. The story begins eight years after the incidents in the first film, and this one is about Karthik and his four other friends who live in different parts of the country. Each actor will have lines in his own language. The film is about what happens when they decide to go on a road trip. It’s not like Hangover though.”
Interestingly, Madhavan is expected to play the role of Karthik and Gautham Menon confirmed that Simbu won’t be part of the sequel. “We are yet to finalise the actor from Telugu, but it will star Puneeth Rajkumar and Tovino Thomas,” he said.
Articles that might interest you:
- Chiranjeevi finalizes his next project after Acharya
- Prabhas to launch Ali’s debut production Andaru Bagundali Andulo Nenundali’s first single
- Exclusive Interview : Havish- I will have three releases per year from now on
- Pawan Kalyan and Rana’s AK remake up for Sankranthi release?
- Jeevitha Rajasekhar puts up her film nagar property for sale?
- Jr NTR joins Ram Charan on sets of RRR