One of the most reputed production houses in Telugu film industry, Geetha Arts is making its comeback to Tamil Cinema with ‘Darling’, an official remake of the blockbuster Telugu horror comedy ‘Prema Katha Chitram’. Geetha Arts last and only straight Tamil film was the Rajinikanth starrer ‘Mappillai’, a 1989 remake of Chiranjeevi’s ‘Athaku Yamudu Ammayiki Mogudu’. ‘Darling’ also marks the debut of popular young music composer GV Prakash Kumar as a hero.
For ‘Darling’, Geetha Arts teamed up with Studio Green’s KE Gnanavel Raja to produce the film. The film’s trailer was launched yesterday and was appreciated by several prominent film personalities like GV Prakash’s uncle and musical genius AR Rahman, Hindi filmmaker Anurag Kashyap, AR Murugadoss etc. Nikki Galrani plays Nanditha’s role in the Tamil version and Sam Anton directs the flick. The film is all set for a grand release on 15th January.
- Pawan Kalyan felicitates his school teachers
- Award-winning filmmaker announces a film on Kerala floods
- Bollywood star thrilled to share screen space with Nagarjuna
- Varma’s teaser hints at a faithful remake of Arjun Reddy
- Poll : What did you think of Varma’s teaser? ((Arjun Reddy remake)