One of the most reputed production houses in Telugu film industry, Geetha Arts is making its comeback to Tamil Cinema with ‘Darling’, an official remake of the blockbuster Telugu horror comedy ‘Prema Katha Chitram’. Geetha Arts last and only straight Tamil film was the Rajinikanth starrer ‘Mappillai’, a 1989 remake of Chiranjeevi’s ‘Athaku Yamudu Ammayiki Mogudu’. ‘Darling’ also marks the debut of popular young music composer GV Prakash Kumar as a hero.
For ‘Darling’, Geetha Arts teamed up with Studio Green’s KE Gnanavel Raja to produce the film. The film’s trailer was launched yesterday and was appreciated by several prominent film personalities like GV Prakash’s uncle and musical genius AR Rahman, Hindi filmmaker Anurag Kashyap, AR Murugadoss etc. Nikki Galrani plays Nanditha’s role in the Tamil version and Sam Anton directs the flick. The film is all set for a grand release on 15th January.
- Stalwart actor uninstalls WhatsApp to ‘reclaim happiness’
- Bollywood film body announces complete ban on Pak artistes
- Rakul explains why she blasted her Twitter troll
- Mammootty’s Malayalam gangster drama to release in Telugu
- Oscar-winning sound designer Resul Pookutty to turn director