South cinema has been soaring to new heights of late, and with the global phenomenon RRR, Telugu cinema, in particular, has got a huge reputation in Western countries too. An article describing the growth of Telugu cinema has been published on the website of the Golden Globes Awards now.
The article says that Indian cinema was synonymous with Bollywood for a long period, and now Tollywood has laid its footprint on world cinema. It cites that Tollywood has been the biggest in terms of revenue post-pandemic. The article also mentions Tollywood’s locomotion to Hyderabad from Chennai in the 1990s, the world-famous Ramoji Film City, Telugu cinema top stars like Sr. NTR, Chiranjeevi, and Pawan Kalyan, legendary comedian Brahmanandam, and visionary director Rajamouli.
Also, it talks about some of the highest Telugu grossers, like the Baahubali series, Pushpa, Ala Vaikuntapurramulo, and Saaho. Further, the industry’s collaboration with Disney for Anaganaga O Dheerudu has been mentioned. Golden Globes opined that Tollywood would lead the charge with regard to regional cinema’s exponential growth in India.
Articles that might interest you:
- Jr NTR to romance Priyanka Chopra in NTR 31?
- Date and time locked for Naga Shaurya’s Rangabali teaser
- Avatar 2: James Cameron’s latest epic makes its OTT debut in India
- Latest: Naga Chaitanya’s Custody locks its OTT release date
- NBK 108 to release on this date?
- NBK 108: First-of-its-kind promotion for the title revelation
Ad : Teluguruchi - Learn.. Cook.. Enjoy the Tasty food