Malayalam teen sensation, Priya Prakash Varrier became an overnight sensation after the song clip from her movie went viral. This fame also brought some problems as a Muslim group filed a complaint with the Falaknama Police in Hyderabad alleging that song hurt their religious sentiments.
Left with no choice, Priya approached the apex court to squash all these cases lodged against her. Today, in a much relief, the court ordered a verdict in Priya’s favor and suspended all the proceedings against her.
The statement read “The criminal complaints have been instituted by various fringe groups based on a distorted and incorrect interpretation of the song in the states of Telangana, Maharashtra and similar complaints are likely from other non-Malayalam speaking states as well. Such acts only result in curbing the freedom expression of people and have also resulted in dragging the Petitioner No.1, who is a young college student, into a criminal case for merely acting in a movie”.
- Saaho heroine Shraddha Kapoor recovers from dengue
- Venkatesh, Suresh Babu, Rana get a special invite for IFFI – 2018
- Storyline locked for Mahesh-Rajamouli film?
- RRR shoot underway – Interesting details here
- Ex-boyfriend opens up about Akshara Haasan’s private pics leak