Master filmmaker Mani Ratnam is currently busy with the second schedule of his epic multi-starrer, Ponniyin Selvan, in Hyderabad. The film is an adaptation of Kalki Krishnamoorthy’s Tamil literary novel of the same name. Vikram, Aishwarya Rai, Trisha, Karthi, Jayam Ravi are playing important roles in this ambitious project.
And the latest update is that Goodhachari actress Sobhita Dhulipala will be seen in a key role in Ponniyin Selvan. Apparently, Sobhita, who’s a trained classical dancer, will be playing the role of a princess, who’s well-versed in Kuchipudi and Bharatanatyam.
Ponniyin Selvan is being jointly produced by Mani Ratnam’s Madras Talkies and Lyca Productions. The film will be made in two parts and the first part is slated to hit theatres in early 2021.
Articles that might interest you:
- Karan Johar miffed with this actor’s unprofessional behaviour?
- Hansika signs an ambitious ‘single shot’ film
- Rajinikanth wishes AR Rahman on 99 Songs’ release
- Pawan Kalyan tests positive for COVID-19; Undergoes treatment
- Pawan and Trivikram to revive their production plans?
- Uppena combination to materialize again?