Master filmmaker Mani Ratnam is currently busy with the second schedule of his epic multi-starrer, Ponniyin Selvan, in Hyderabad. The film is an adaptation of Kalki Krishnamoorthy’s Tamil literary novel of the same name. Vikram, Aishwarya Rai, Trisha, Karthi, Jayam Ravi are playing important roles in this ambitious project.
And the latest update is that Goodhachari actress Sobhita Dhulipala will be seen in a key role in Ponniyin Selvan. Apparently, Sobhita, who’s a trained classical dancer, will be playing the role of a princess, who’s well-versed in Kuchipudi and Bharatanatyam.
Ponniyin Selvan is being jointly produced by Mani Ratnam’s Madras Talkies and Lyca Productions. The film will be made in two parts and the first part is slated to hit theatres in early 2021.
Articles that might interest you:
- Payal Ghosh refuses to take Richa Chadda’s legal notice
- Rakul is back to shoot in the forests
- Keerthy Suresh out of Sarkaru Vaari Paata? Here’s the official confirmation
- Surender Reddy making Akhil’s film quite expensive
- Coroa effect- Budget rises for Nani’s Shyam Singha Roy
- Vishal gearing up for a multi-starrer with this hero