The confusion surrounding the implementation of GST has taken a major toll on Tamil film industry. Earlier this week, when the theatre owners realised that the government hasn’t issue any order about revising ticket prices, they announced that no films will be screened from July 3.
The news came as a rude shock to filmmakers and everyone urged the theatre owners to reconsider their decision. Earlier today, an important meeting was held by Tamil film producer’s council. Apparently, the council has decided that they are going to put pressure on the government to waive off the 30% local tax that it wants to levy on tickets.
Further, the council has urged the theatre owners to computerise the whole ticketing process and bring transparency and accountability into the system. It remains to be seen how key members from the Tamil industry are going to react to these new developments.
Articles that might interest you:
- Prabhas to lose more weight
- Pawan to take a decision on comeback very soon
- Allu Arjun thanks fans for making Samajavaragamana the most liked song
- Poll : In which of these genres should Mahesh and Rajamouli collaborate?
- Bigg Boss-This lady contestant to be out this week?
- Raju Gari Gadhi 3’s first-day AP/TG collections