Amid an intense competition, Bollywood musical coming of age drama, Gully Boy, has been chosen as India’s official entry at 92nd Academy Awards, which will be held in February next year in the USA. The Film Federation of India, led by acclaimed actress-filmmaker Aparna Sen, has chosen Gully Boy over 27 other acclaimed Indian movies such as Uri, Andhadhun, Badhaai Ho, Uyare, Super Deluxe and Vada Chennai.
Gully Boy showcases the inspiring tale of an aspiring rapper named Murad (Ranveer Singh) from the Dharavi slum in Mumbai. The film also features Alia Bhatt, Siddhant Chaturvedi and it was directed by Zoya Akhtar and produced jointly by Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani. The film was released earlier this year and it was a major hit at the box-office.
Articles that might interest you:
- Naga Babu demands an apology from Balakrishna
- It’s a Dussehra release for mega hero’s next?
- Chiru clarifies why he skipped Talasani’s charity event
- Film shoots get green signal-To start from this date?
- Warner in Baahubali avatar-Posts a funny question?
- Lockdown Review : Hasmukh – Hindi series on Netflix