Amid an intense competition, Bollywood musical coming of age drama, Gully Boy, has been chosen as India’s official entry at 92nd Academy Awards, which will be held in February next year in the USA. The Film Federation of India, led by acclaimed actress-filmmaker Aparna Sen, has chosen Gully Boy over 27 other acclaimed Indian movies such as Uri, Andhadhun, Badhaai Ho, Uyare, Super Deluxe and Vada Chennai.
Gully Boy showcases the inspiring tale of an aspiring rapper named Murad (Ranveer Singh) from the Dharavi slum in Mumbai. The film also features Alia Bhatt, Siddhant Chaturvedi and it was directed by Zoya Akhtar and produced jointly by Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani. The film was released earlier this year and it was a major hit at the box-office.
Articles that might interest you:
- Standing ovation for Team Baahubali at the Royal Albert Hall
- Keerthy Suresh’s efforts for her role in Miss India
- Allu Arjun loses 14 kilos in 4 months for Ala Vaikunthapuramulo
- Box Office : Report for the week ending 21-10-2019
- Khaidi’s story unfolds in 4 hours: Karthi
- Upendra’s Kabza to release in 7 Indian languages