Gunasekhar’s upcoming magnum opus Rudrama Devi already has a huge star cast and now he has added another actor for a crucial role. Bollywood actor Vikramjeet Virk has been roped in to play the role of Mahadeva Nayakudu, one of the Yadava Kings who waged a war against Rudrama Devi. Vikramjeet had earlier played an important role in Ashutosh Gowarikar’s Khele Hum Jee Jaan Sey and Rudrama Devi is going to be his debut film in Telugu. Apart from Vikramjeet’s role in Rudrama Devi, Jayaprakash Reddy, who’s playing Amba Deva, is another important villain in the film.
The principal shooting of Rudrama Devi began few days ago and almost all the actors and actresses are undergoing rigorous training in horse riding and sword fighting. The film has Anushka, Rana in lead roles and Krishnam Raju, Prakash Raj, Nathalia Kaur, Aditi Chengappa, Hamsa Nandini, Zara Shah, Jayaprakash Reddy will play other important roles. Thota Tharani is the art director and Ajay Vincent is the cinematographer. Rudrama Devi is going to be the first historical film to be shot in 3D in India and several German technicians are going to work on this film. Ilayaraja is scoring the music.
Articles that might interest you:
- Solid promotional plans in store for Saaho
- Playing iSmart Shankar turned Ram into a chain smoker
- Rakul in talks for a sensational project?
- Giving me a complex: Akhil on dad Nagarjuna’s looks
- Young Bollywood star quits Katamarayudu’s Hindi remake
- Will Rakshasudu change the young star’s fortunes?