Filmmaker Gunasekhar recently announced a prestigious mythological magnum opus, titled Shaakuntalam. The film is based on the epic tale of love from the Adi Parva of the epic Mahabharata.
In a latest interview, Gunasekhar revealed that his film is based on Mahakavi Kalidas’ greatest drama, Abhigyana Shaakuntalam, which narrates the love story of King Dushyanta and Shaakuntala. Furthermore, the film will be set in the Himalayas, but a major portion of the production will be completed using computer graphics.
Gunasekhar further said that he had completed the scripting in 8 months and that he is looking for an actress who has grace and acting skills to play Shaakuntala. He said that he chose to he Shaakuntalam keeping aside Rana’s Hiranyakasyapa as it requires a lot of crowd for battle scenes.
Articles that might interest you:
- Chay Akkineni speaks about the most difficult part of Love Story
- Allu Arjun wraps up Pushpa; Heads straight to Apollo to see Sai Tej
- Shriya Saran shifts base to Mumbai
- Concept video and premise of Sasivadane looks cool
- New gossip about RRR’s delay becomes a hot topic
- Juicy info on Chay Akkineni’s OTT debut