Director Gunasekhar is known for spending lavish amounts of money on his films, be it for sets or for costumes. He is currently busy with the film ‘Rudhrama Devi’ and it is being billed as India’s first stereoscopic historical 3D film. True to his nature, Gunasekhar is spending huge amounts of money on this film.
Anushka will be seen as the warrior queen Rudhrama Devi in the film and extensive research has gone into the making of her costumes and ornaments. Art director Thota Tharani has recreated these costumes and ornaments with the help of ancient texts and writings.
To get an authentic feel, real gold has been used for Anushka’s crown and other ornaments. This gold has been brought in from Chennai. Rana Daggubati, Krishnam Raju, Nithya Menen, Catherine Tresa and Baba Sehgal are essaying crucial roles in this movie.
Ilayaraja has composed the music for this movie. ‘Rudhrama Devi’ is expected to release in 2014.
- Puri Jagannadh-Ram’s iSmart Shankar launched
- Kalyan Ram-Virinchi work on rural drama
- Nagarjuna and Chay to share screen space yet again?
- F2 all set to enter 100 crore club
- F2, VVR & NTR Kathanayakudu’s latest Krishna collections