Praveen Sattaru’s ‘Guntur Talkies’ has opened to very divided and largely negative reviews some days ago. But a few people have been supporting the film very vocally on social media, calling it a ‘new age telugu cinema’.
But this section is in a minority and Praveen Sattaru has come out, saying that the movie is not for everyone. But many critics and journalists have been countering this view point, stating that ripped off scenes from films like ‘Gangs of Wasseypur’ and extremely vulgar dialogues do not make a film ‘cult’.
Each person has a viewpoint and it is important to respect it. But the movie will continue to divide opinions sharply and draw passionate reaction both for and against it for some more time. The film has Siddhu Jonnalagadda and Rashmi Gautham in the lead roles, along with Naresh and other prominent actors.
Articles that might interest you:
- Chiranjeevi confirms the directors of his next two films
- Satyadev’s film gets decent TRP while Vijay Deverakonda’s movie falters
- Corona effect- Majority of theatres to shut down
- Raj Tarun signs another film with noted director
- Poll : Which of these senior directors should make a solid comeback?
- Film Trivia : Guess this Hindi actress whose first film was in Telugu?