After being postponed for more than three months, Victory Venkatesh’s intense sports drama, Guru, is finally scheduled to hit the screens on April 7th. The film is an official remake of Madhavan’s Tamil-Hindi bilingual, Saala Khadoos.
Guru is directed by Chennai-based Telugu filmmaker Sudha Kongara, who also directed the original. Sudha had earlier assisted the legendary director Mani Ratnam for more than 7 years.
Incidentally, even Mani’s forthcoming romantic entertainer, Cheliyaa, is releasing on April 7th, leaving both the guru and his disciple locking horns with each other. Some coincidence this is!
Articles that might interest you:
- Vijay and Vijay’s year-end roundtable with top Bollywood stars
- Fresh speculation on Ravi Teja’s next
- Kalyan Ram to team up with this director again?
- Fans await Ilayaraja-Krishna Vamsi’s musical treat after 2 decades
- Yet another director under consideration for Andhadhun’s Telugu remake?
- Nani to work with a debutante director?