Dr. Akkineni Nageswara Rao is truly a living legend of Telugu Cinema. The veteran actor is going to celebrate his 90th Birthday today, on September 20th. For approximately 75 of those 90 years, he has been a part of this Film Industry. ANR was born in 1924 to a farming couple in Ramapuram, Krishna District.
At the age of 17, ANR made his debut as an actor with the film ‘Dharmapatni’ after being discovered in a railway station by Producer Ghantasala Balaramaiah. Very soon, ANR established himself as a fine actor. In a career spanning more than 7 decades, ANR appeared in over 250 films. Some of his iconic movies are ‘Devadasu’, ‘Premabhishekam’, ‘Dasara Bullodu’, ‘Prem Nagar’, ‘Chenchu Lakshmi’, ‘Mayabazaar’, ‘Sitaramayya gari Manavaralu’ etc.
For sheer diversity of roles,ANR has done it all. Lover boy, saint, father, grandfather, brother,drunkard, playboy and even God. ANR has won many awards over the years, including the Dada Saheb Phalke award in 1990 and the Padma Vibhushan award in 2011. The veteran actor is currently acting in the multi-starrer ‘Manam’.
123telugu.com wishes Dr. Akkineni Nageswara Rao a very Happy Birthday
- Anupama Parameswaran derives inspiration from heroes
- Rajini’s strict warning to fans over selling 2.0 tickets in black
- Popular singer-composer excited about Saaho
- Taxiwaala inches towards half-a-million-dollar mark in US
- It’s terrifying to dance alongside Prabhudeva : Amyra Dastur