Today is the birthday of Harish Shankar, who is now one of the most popular directors in Telugu cinema. He made his debut as a director several years ago with a film titled Shock starring Ravi Teja and Jyothika. The film didn’t do well at box office, but in 2011, Harish Shankar teamed up once again with Ravi Teja for Mirapakay which went on to become a big hit.
It was his next film, Gabbar Singh which shot him to fame. The film starring Pawan Kalyan and Shruti Haasan was the Telugu remake of Dabangg and the film rocked the box office in 2012. Gabbar Singh is one of the biggest grossing films of all time in Telugu and the success of that film made Harish Shankar a hotshot filmmaker overnight.
Currently, he’s busy shooting his next film which has NTR in lead role. Samantha and Shruti Haasan are playing the lead roles in this youthful entertainer. Some important scenes are being canned on NTR and Shruti Haasan in the current schedule which is happening in Hyderabad. Dil Raju is producing the film and Thaman is scoring the music.
123telugu.com wishes Harish Shankar a very happy birthday.
- In front of Nag, Nani makes a promise to Bigg Boss finalists
- Saina Nehwal’s biopic goes on floors
- I had vowed to never use my father’s name in my career: Dulquer Salmaan
- Dhruv was skeptical and nervous about Arjun Reddy remake: Vikram
- Nagarjuna opens up about nepotism in film industry