Today is the birthday of Harish Shankar, who is now one of the most popular directors in Telugu cinema. He made his debut as a director several years ago with a film titled Shock starring Ravi Teja and Jyothika. The film didn’t do well at box office, but in 2011, Harish Shankar teamed up once again with Ravi Teja for Mirapakay which went on to become a big hit.
It was his next film, Gabbar Singh which shot him to fame. The film starring Pawan Kalyan and Shruti Haasan was the Telugu remake of Dabangg and the film rocked the box office in 2012. Gabbar Singh is one of the biggest grossing films of all time in Telugu and the success of that film made Harish Shankar a hotshot filmmaker overnight.
Currently, he’s busy shooting his next film which has NTR in lead role. Samantha and Shruti Haasan are playing the lead roles in this youthful entertainer. Some important scenes are being canned on NTR and Shruti Haasan in the current schedule which is happening in Hyderabad. Dil Raju is producing the film and Thaman is scoring the music.
123telugu.com wishes Harish Shankar a very happy birthday.
- Kamal Haasan decides to not contest in Lok Sabha elections
- Buzz on Kangana’s paycheck for Jayalalithaa’s biopic shocks everyone
- Rajinikanth-Murugadoss film faces election heat
- Vijayendra Prasad explains the challenges in penning Jayaa’s biopic
- Rajamouli, Keeravani to grace this prestigious event in London
- King Khan takes a break from films?