Today is the birthday of RGV, one of the most popular directors in Indian cinema. Right from the days of Shiva in 1989 to his recent film Attacks of 26/11, RGV has experimented with different genres. He’s credited as one of the few directors who changed the face of Telugu cinema and Shiva, starring Nagarjuna and Amala, was indeed one such game changer.
Post Shiva, he went on to make several more classics like Kshana Kshanam, Deyyam, Rathri, Gaayam and later went to Bollywood where he made Rangeela in mid 90s. However, it was ‘Satya’ which made him a cult figure in Bollywood in late 90s and with that his tryst with Mumbai’s underworld began. For most part of the early 2000s, he began making films which dealt with the origins of mafia dons like Dawood Ibrahim and Chota Shakeel. After a long gap, he made a comeback to Telugu with films like Rakta Charitra and Katha Screenplay Darsakathvam Appalraju.
It has been a long time since he tasted success at box-office, but his undying spirit to make films is praiseworthy.
123telugu.com wishes RGV a very happy birthday and we, like millions of others, hope to see you will hit the purple patch someday. Till then, keep those tweets, opinions on God, Women, life and movies coming.
Articles that might interest you:
- Puri-Ram’s iSmart Shankar’s Hindi version storms YouTube
- Vamsi Paidipally out-Mahesh Babu to go with a newcomer?
- Jaanu’s closing US collections-Big Disaster
- Chiru-Koratala film having release issues
- Poll : Who among these two should romance NTR in Trivikram film?
- Madan Karky reveals interesting details about RRR