As expected, SRK’s latest release, Happy New Year created history of sorts as it collected a whopping 44 crores on just the first day of its release. This is the highest ever amount for the first day in the history of Indian cinema. Dubbed into Telugu, this film managed 2 crores on the opening day and the Tamil version collected 94 lakhs.
Happy New Year is directed by Farah Khan and has Shahrukh Khan, Abhishek Bachchan and Deepika Padukone in lead roles. The film opened to packed houses all over and by the looks of it should cross the 200 crore mark in no time.
Articles that might interest you:
- S R Kalyanamandapam trailer – Emotional and fun filled
- I was scared initially to act with Balayya sir, says young actress
- Bigg Boss beauty turns Assistant Director
- 2 releases in 1 week: Priyanka Jawalkar’s promising line-up
- Rajamouli’s priorities change big time with RRR
- Sharwa to do a film based on the time machine concept?