Last night, just a few hours before the film’s worldwide release, the makers announced that Varun Tej’s Valmiki is renamed as Gaddhalakonda Ganesh. While the protesting Boya and Valmiki community members are content, the film’s director Harish Shankar is deeply disappointed with the title change.
“I feel I have been defeated. Not as a director or a writer, but as a Hindu who couldn’t showcase the greatness of Valmiki Maharshi. We didn’t make this film with 30-40 crores and hire 200 people only to insult any legend or a particular community. I am sure all the protestors will feel proud after watching the movie,” Harish Shankar said during a media interaction at the Film Chamber last night.
Articles that might interest you:
- Naga Babu demands an apology from Balakrishna
- It’s a Dussehra release for mega hero’s next?
- Chiru clarifies why he skipped Talasani’s charity event
- Film shoots get green signal-To start from this date?
- Warner in Baahubali avatar-Posts a funny question?
- Lockdown Review : Hasmukh – Hindi series on Netflix