For the last couple of months, several members of the Boya community have been protesting against Varun Tej-Harish Shankar’s soon-to-release gangster comedy, Valmiki. The protesters said that Valmiki is a god-like figure for them and alleged that naming a crime film after a peace loving saint like Valmiki will show him in poor light.
But in a latest interview, Harish Shankar gave the much-needed explanation about why he chose Valmiki title for his film. The director said that Valmiki is the best example for a man’s greatest transformation. He further revealed that Varun Tej’s character in the movie undergoes such a massive transformation and that’s why Valmiki title was the obvious choice for the film.
Valmiki also stars Tamil hero Atharvaa Murali, Pooja Hegde, Mrinalini and Dimple Hayathi in key roles. Ram and Gopi Achanta are the film’s producers.
Articles that might interest you:
- Standing ovation for Team Baahubali at the Royal Albert Hall
- Keerthy Suresh’s efforts for her role in Miss India
- Allu Arjun loses 14 kilos in 4 months for Ala Vaikunthapuramulo
- Box Office : Report for the week ending 21-10-2019
- Khaidi’s story unfolds in 4 hours: Karthi
- Upendra’s Kabza to release in 7 Indian languages