One of the finest actors down south, Tamil star Karthi will be teaming up with his guru Mani Ratnam for a romantic drama, which will commence from June. In his recent interview, Karthi opened up about his excitement on teaming up with Mani Ratnam after more than a decade. It is well known that Karthi worked as an assistant director on Mani’s Yuva in 2003.
Explaining the challenge in impressing Mani Ratnam, Karthi said “I will have to work hard to get an ‘OK’ with a smile from him. If I manage to get a pat on the back, I will be on cloud nine.” Apparently, Mani has three ways of reacting to his actors’ performances – a tense ‘OK’ if he isn’t satisfied, a smile if he is happy and a pat on back of his actors if he feels he has got the best shot.
Karthi will soon be seen in Nagarjuna and Tamannaah-starrer Oopiri, which is releasing on March 25. The film’s trailer has become the talk of the town ever since it was released this afternoon.
- Jyothika reveals about her role in Nawab
- Yet another director roped in for NTR biopic
- Interesting buzz on Venkatesh’s next
- Interview : Nani- Acting with Nag sir was a dream come true
- Vijay Deverakonda’s NOTA to feature real political incidents