At one point a regular face in Telugu films, the most popular comedian of Telugu cinema, Brahmanandam has reduced his appearances in films over the years.
Being seen in only a few roles here and there, the most interesting role of his in recent times would be that of yesteryear actor Relangi in the upcoming biopic of NTR.
The film’s writer Sai Madhav Burra in his interview revealed that the reason for casting Brahmanandam in the role was a calculated decision. The team apparently felt that the craze that Relangi enjoyed in his time was almost as much as the present day actor, who is celebrated just as much today.
Articles that might interest you:
- Anjali reveals which aspect put a dent in her flowing career
- Change of producer for much delayed film?
- Stars have forgotten humanity during lockdown: Senior director
- Keerthy Suresh’s marriage rumours go viral
- Shruti Haasan encourages fans to spread kindness
- Top Bollywood studio to help 3,000 cine workers in lockdown