Varun Tej and Harish Shankar are all set to team up this year for Valmiki. The film is the remake of Tamil film, Jigarthanda and it narrates the story of a filmmaker and how he ends up in a tricky situation with a gangster. Atharva Murali is also playing one of the lead roles in this film.
As per the latest buzz, the makers have reportedly finalised Tamil actress, Mirnalini Ravi to play one of the lead actresses in the film. The actress was in Hyderabad few weeks ago for a test shoot, and her name is expected to be announced officially soon. Valmiki will also mark her debut in Telugu cinema.
Meanwhile, Varun Tej, who is in US where he is undergoing training in boxing for another film, is expected to return soon and start shooting for his part in the gangster drama. The film is going to hit the screens in the second half of the year.
Articles that might interest you:
- Exciting update on Vijay Sethupathi-Sundeep Kishan’s film with Raj & DK
- Official: Pawan Kalyan-Rana’s AK remake locks release date
- Ajith’s charming looks in Valimai’s first single poster thrills fans
- Second schedule of Nag-Praveen Sattaru film from this date
- Varun Tej’s heavy-duty workout for Ghani gives a major Monday motivation
- Interesting: Rajamouli didn’t shoot RRR’s Dosti song