Around a week ago, Journey hero Jai rammed his Audi into the railing of the Adyar Bridge in Chennai. Jai was reportedly driving under the influence of alcohol even the mishap occurred. The Adyar police who probed the matter recommended the cancellation of Jai’s driving licence.
Jai was booked under Sections 185 (driving by a drunken person or by a person under the influence of drugs) of the Motor Vehicles Act and 279 (rash driving or riding on a public way) of the Indian Penal Code. On Thursday, Jai was arrested in connection with the case and he was released on bail immediately.
However, Jai’s license has been suspended for six months after the cops found out that the actor was also booked in 2014 when his vehicle rammed a divider near a movie theatre in Chennai.
- Vijay Deverakonda in talks for yet another Telugu-Tamil bilingual?
- 2.0 achieves a rare feat in three languages
- Young heroine’s 50th film lands in an unexpected controversy
- Rajinikanth decides to not celebrate his birthday
- Manikarnika’s trailer to be out soon