Hero Nithiin and his sister Nikitha Reddy got a major relief from the High Court in Hyderabad in a case related to the 2015 movie Akhil. Nithiin and Nikitha were the accused number 3 and 4 respectively.
According to the media reports, a person named Gangadhara Satyanarayana, a resident of Sainikpuri, Secunderabad, had filed a case against the star siblings and their father and senior producer Sudhakar Reddy and their production house Sresht Movies at the Malkajgiri Court and the Cyberabad 20th Metropolitan Magistrate Court on September 23, 2017.
In his petition, the complainant alleged that he had paid Rs.50 lakhs to Sresht Movies to acquire Akhil’s rights, but the production company cheated him by not honoring the deal. In their defense, Nithiin’s lawyer said that Nithiin and Nikitha are not even part of Sresht Movies and that their names were included in the case only to pressurize their father.
The counsel further said that the complainant had never given the money and that it was a US distributor who gave the money through the complainant. Upon hearing the arguments from both sides, the court quashed the case against Nithiin and Nikitha.
Articles that might interest you:
- Ram Charan’s next with this happening director?
- Sid, Genelia celebrate 14 years of Bommarillu with iconic dialogue
- Sanjay Dutt suffering from lung infection
- Adivi Sesh in talks for acclaimed Hindi film’s Telugu remake?
- Mahesh Babu fans set a sensational world record on his birthday
- Immense gratitude: Mahesh Babu thanks fans and well-wishers