Director Surender Reddy has been chosen for the prestigious HM Reddy award for the year 2017. HM Reddy was the pioneer who directed Bhakta Prahlada, the first Telugu sound film. Well-known cultural organization Akruthi has been presenting this award to directors par excellence over the past 23 years.
The award ceremony will take place at Ravindra Bharathi auditorium on the 27th of this month. Speaker of Telangana Assembly Madhusudhanachari will present the award to Surender Reddy. Several film and political bigwigs will be gracing the ceremony. Surender Reddy is currently busy with the pre-production work for Sye Raa, an ambitious biopic on Uyyalawada Narasimhareddy, starring Chiranjeevi.
- Keerthy Suresh in talks for an epic multi-starrer?
- Super Star to bid goodbye to acting after his next
- Pawan Kalyan has an important message for AP youth
- Reputed distribution house bags NTR’s Nizam rights
- Aravindha Sametha gets a date for censor scrutiny