With just a few hours left for its release, it looks like Kannada star Yash’s period action drama, KGF, has landed in a huge mess. The latest reports coming in from Kannada media circles reveal that KGF’s Kannada version may be postponed to January 7.
According to the ongoing reports, a producer named Venkatesh has moved the Bengaluru Civil Court, demanding an immediate stay on KGF’s release. He reportedly sent the Court’s stay order to all the digital service providers, asking them to stall the film’s screening. Venkatesh reportedly claimed that KGF’s story is based on a real life character named Thangam and that he owns exclusive rights to his story.
On the other hand, KGF’s makers are still claiming that they have not received any Court order and that the film will hit screens as per the schedule. Meanwhile, the latest turmoil has led to an uncertainty about the release of the film’s Telugu and other versions.
Although KGF’s Telugu version had attained a decent buzz with Rajamouli’s promotions, it has slowly lagged behind the other two notable releases this Friday, PPLM and Antariksham. Stay tuned for all the latest updates.
Articles that might interest you:
- Rashmika to join the sets of Bunny’s next soon
- Amala Paul’s take on Dhanush’s role in her breakup
- Sai Tej’s SBSB gets a fancy deal
- Mahesh Babu, T-leaders to inaugurate Vijaya Nirmala’s statue
- Taapsee’s next is a remake of a German film
- Upasana Kamineni’s sustainable Yoga program for Telangana Police