Released last year, the acclaimed coming of age drama, Care Of Kancharapalem, went on to win movie lovers’ hearts. This charming little film was directed by debutant Venkatesh Maha and produced by Paruchuri Vijaya Praveena and it mostly starred newcomers.
Yesterday, with a huge disappointment, COK’s producer Praveena took to Twitter and revealed that the film was not eligible for competition at the prestigious National Film Awards because Praveena is an American citizen. As per the NFA guidelines, only movies that are produced by Indian citizens are eligible for consideration for the awards.
SO SORRY @venkateshmaha25 #CareOfKancharapalem , your hard work and talent is NOT ELIGIBLE to be recognized at the #indiannationalfilmawards because it was Produced by me- a US citizen although of Indian origin …I failed you 😔
— paruchurimd (@paruchurimd) January 9, 2019
Articles that might interest you:
- Star Producer’s son’s film from March 2020
- Nikhil upset with Arjun Suravaram’s piracy
- Brochevarevarura Tamil remake on the cards
- Young hero ready to act in more negative roles
- Will he host Bigg Boss Telugu again?
- Venkatesh’s next to go on floors soon