Released last year, the acclaimed coming of age drama, Care Of Kancharapalem, went on to win movie lovers’ hearts. This charming little film was directed by debutant Venkatesh Maha and produced by Paruchuri Vijaya Praveena and it mostly starred newcomers.
Yesterday, with a huge disappointment, COK’s producer Praveena took to Twitter and revealed that the film was not eligible for competition at the prestigious National Film Awards because Praveena is an American citizen. As per the NFA guidelines, only movies that are produced by Indian citizens are eligible for consideration for the awards.
SO SORRY @venkateshmaha25 #CareOfKancharapalem , your hard work and talent is NOT ELIGIBLE to be recognized at the #indiannationalfilmawards because it was Produced by me- a US citizen although of Indian origin …I failed you 😔
— paruchurimd (@paruchurimd) January 9, 2019
Articles that might interest you:
- Star Tollywood comedians dub for The Lion King
- Vijay63’s big update is here
- Poll: Which among these was a very over hyped film?
- Ismart Shankar title song- Mani Sharma’s mass touch
- Confirmed-Star heroine not doing that role in upcoming biopic
- Sye Raa’s trailer gets a date?