Released last year, the acclaimed coming of age drama, Care Of Kancharapalem, went on to win movie lovers’ hearts. This charming little film was directed by debutant Venkatesh Maha and produced by Paruchuri Vijaya Praveena and it mostly starred newcomers.
Yesterday, with a huge disappointment, COK’s producer Praveena took to Twitter and revealed that the film was not eligible for competition at the prestigious National Film Awards because Praveena is an American citizen. As per the NFA guidelines, only movies that are produced by Indian citizens are eligible for consideration for the awards.
SO SORRY @venkateshmaha25 #CareOfKancharapalem , your hard work and talent is NOT ELIGIBLE to be recognized at the #indiannationalfilmawards because it was Produced by me- a US citizen although of Indian origin …I failed you 😔
— paruchurimd (@paruchurimd) January 9, 2019
Articles that might interest you:
- Pawan Kalyan recovering; Urges people to be more cautious about COVID
- Aditi Rao Hydari stuns everyone with her Netflix film
- Interesting buzz on Akhil Akkineni’s next project
- Praveen Sattaru reveals major details about Nagarjuna’s next
- Top OTT platform acquires Balayya’s Akhanda
- Bigg Boss Sohel signs noted producer’s next