“I have always tried to come out of my comfort zone and do something different. It’s been my ambition to get people from other states too talking about Telugu cinema. That’s one of the reasons why I’ll always be proud of a film like ‘1’. We worked really hard for it and I’m confident that our efforts will be appreciated,” Mahesh Babu said in a recent interview. He said all this while replying to a question about why he took such a big risk when he had three big hits in a row.
Elaborating further, Mahesh Babu revealed that he and the film’s team knew that people will be taken aback on the first day, but slowly people will understand what kind of film we had made. “It’s truly my best performance till date. And we couldn’t have pulled off such an ambitious film, if we hadn’t believed in the story. More than anything else, I think the climax was the key and it worked out quite well,” he said.
Directed by Sukumar, the film had Mahesh Babu and Kriti Sanon in lead roles. 14 Reels Entertainment Pvt Ltd banner had produced the film and Devi Sri Prasad scored the music.
- Popular actor urges his fans to prove his critics wrong
- Prabhas20 to release ahead of schedule?
- Arjun Reddy actress heads to Bollywood
- Indian documentary ‘Period. End of Sentence’ nominated at 91st Oscars
- Harassment is more rampant in South than in Bollywood: Amyra Dastur