Rajinikanth is one of the very few actors in India who has surpassed all geographical and cultural barriers and his popularity needs no introduction. The respect and love which his fans have for him is truly one of its kind. No wonder, NDTV, which is celebrating its 25th anniversary, invited him to grace a grand gala event at Rashtrapathi Bhavan, New Delhi today.
Speaking at the event, Rajinikanth said, “A lot of people don’t believe in miracles these days. I believe in miracles and the fact that an ordinary bus conductor can share the stage with such living legends is proof of that.” Upon receiving an award from Pranab Mukherjee, Rajinikanth dedicated the award to his brother Satyanarayana Rao Gaekwad, his guru Balachander and the people of Tamil Nadu. “Without the support of Tamil people, I wouldn’t have reached this stage,” Rajinikanth said.
On the whole, NDTV invited 25 Living Legends including the likes of Amitabh Bachchan, A R Rahman, Shah Rukh Khan among several others and Rajinikanth was one among them.
- Indraganti flooded with lucrative offers
- People’s Star’s Annadatha Sukhibhava to release again
- It’s going to be a ‘political’ Diwali for Vijay-Suriya fans
- Kiara Advani opens up about the viral scene in ‘Lust Stories’
- Top filmmaker now turns a skilled farmer