Priyamani is one of the very few actresses in Telugu who is capable of pulling off a female oriented film and recently she even won a Filmfare award for her performance in Charulatha, in which she played dual roles. However, the actresses has confessed, in a recent interview, that she doesn’t want to do too many female oriented films. “I don’t want to be typecast in any role. After a film like Charulatha, I received several offers which were almost in the same genre, but I didn’t want to take them up. I want to do all kinds of films and I’m open to doing commercial films too,” Priyamani said. Currently, she’s acting in a film titled Chandi, which also has Krishnam Raju and Sarath Kumar in important roles. Apart from this film, she’ll be soon seen in an item number in Shahrukh Khan’s upcoming film Chennai Express and she recently began shooting for another Malayalam film titled The True Story.
- Legendary diva’s daughter’s Tollywood debut with RRR?
- Magician’s accusation on Vijay’s Mersal team turns controversial
- Healthy gap between Sankranthi releases to benefit all parties
- Sye Raa’s team races against time to complete Nayanthara’s scenes
- AR Rahman makes amateur Telugu female singer an internet sensation