Released in 2003, Pawan Kalyan and Renu Desai’s Johnny not only marked Pawan’s debut as a director but it also introduced Renu as a production designer. But in a surprise revelation, Renu said that she had initially rejected to play the female lead in Johnny.
In her latest Insta story, Renu revealed that it was her ex-husband Pawan Kalyan who convince her to act just 2 weeks before the commencement of the shooting. She said that she used to work 17 hours per day for 7 months during the making of the movie.
Renu also posted a throwback picture of her looking through the camera viewfinder, while Pawan was discussing a shot with the film’s cinematographer Shyam.
Articles that might interest you:
- Mahesh Babu’s adorable post for Sitara on Daughters Day
- Official: Thalapathy Vijay’s 66th film with Vamshi Paidipally, Dil Raju
- Gear up for Liger’s striking announcement tomorrow
- Love Story crosses Vakeel Saab in US; Set to enter $1M club
- Ranveer Singh’s 83, biopic on Kapil Dev, seals its release date
- Nani reacts to Pawan Kalyan’s speech