In an interview given to Eenadu today, director Krish made some interesting observations about his films. When asked if a director like Krish also needed to include commercial elements in his cinema, he replied “I need awards as well as collections. Winning only awards and critical acclaim will do nothing for me. Cinema is a business and it is important to balance art along with that. For films like ‘Gamyam’, I need not have commercial elements as the budget is low and my target audience is different. For a film like KVJ and its budget, commercial elements are necessary”, he said.
Director Trivikram Srinivas also followed a similar philosophy with his last film ‘Julayi’. Along with traditional Trivikram brand of dialogues and cleverly written scenes, he also included mass fights etc. to widen his target audience. The movie scored well at the Box Office.
Now it is the turn of Krish to reap the rewards of this balancing act.
Articles that might interest you:
- Dasara: 53 crores gross worldwide in two days
- Dasara: Sensational hold in Nizam on day two
- Orange special shows pack a punch in Australia too
- Can the summer 2023 releases withstand this huge storm?
- Yet another postponement for Aha’s web film?
- Kalyan Ram’s Amigos is now streaming ON THIS OTT PLATFORM
Ad : Teluguruchi - Learn.. Cook.. Enjoy the Tasty food