In an interview given to Eenadu today, director Krish made some interesting observations about his films. When asked if a director like Krish also needed to include commercial elements in his cinema, he replied “I need awards as well as collections. Winning only awards and critical acclaim will do nothing for me. Cinema is a business and it is important to balance art along with that. For films like ‘Gamyam’, I need not have commercial elements as the budget is low and my target audience is different. For a film like KVJ and its budget, commercial elements are necessary”, he said.
Director Trivikram Srinivas also followed a similar philosophy with his last film ‘Julayi’. Along with traditional Trivikram brand of dialogues and cleverly written scenes, he also included mass fights etc. to widen his target audience. The movie scored well at the Box Office.
Now it is the turn of Krish to reap the rewards of this balancing act.
- Shocking response for Priya Prakash Varrier’s new song
- Kajal teams up with Jayam Ravi
- “Samantha was super tensed on Sep 13,” Nag reveals
- Taapsee’s epic reply to a netizen who asked her to marry him
- Kamal Haasan urges students to join politics