In an interview given to Eenadu today, director Krish made some interesting observations about his films. When asked if a director like Krish also needed to include commercial elements in his cinema, he replied “I need awards as well as collections. Winning only awards and critical acclaim will do nothing for me. Cinema is a business and it is important to balance art along with that. For films like ‘Gamyam’, I need not have commercial elements as the budget is low and my target audience is different. For a film like KVJ and its budget, commercial elements are necessary”, he said.
Director Trivikram Srinivas also followed a similar philosophy with his last film ‘Julayi’. Along with traditional Trivikram brand of dialogues and cleverly written scenes, he also included mass fights etc. to widen his target audience. The movie scored well at the Box Office.
Now it is the turn of Krish to reap the rewards of this balancing act.
Articles that might interest you:
- Film shoots in problems with new conditions
- Latest update on Saaho director Sujeeth’s engagement
- Sai Dharam Tej to do a hilarious period drama?
- Noted Tollywood music composer suffers heart attack
- Juicy info on Prabhas’s next and its title?
- Poll : Who among these should launch Balakrishna’s son?