Getting into the details, Trisha, during the assessment for 2010-11, showed her earnings as Rs.89 lakhs. She had not disclosed the amount she had received as advances. However, the Assessment Officer assessed it as income to the tune of Rs.3.5 crore and levied a penalty of Rs 1.11 crore on Trisha.
Trisha then moved the Commissioner of IT Appeals and challenged the orders. The tribunal had later waived off the penalty, prompting the I-T Dept to move the Madras High Court. The appeal has been adjourned to June 13.
Articles that might interest you:
- Bigg Boss- Remuneration of Varun Sandesh and Vithika revealed
- Top comedians in discussion for Prabhas’s next
- Noted heroine’s link-up rumor goes viral
- Teaser of Karthikeya’s 90 ML gets a date
- After gifting cars to each other, Puri & Charmme perform Homam together
- Interview : Varun Tej- I don’t want to get stereotyped in my career